Voting

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Just what aching feet need



Those of you who know me, know that my feet have given me trouble for quite some time.
I spent five months in a wheel chair because of an ulcer on the ball of my foot. It got the dreaded MRSA bacteria in it and refused to get well. During all that time I was diagnosed with CIDP - Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropothy - all that to say I have very little feeling in my feet up to knees. That's one reason the ulcer got so bad before I even knew what what was happening. It was supposed to be very painful and I didn't feel a thing. Anyway, the ulcer finally healed and even though I felt very little pain in my feet, when the neuropothy flairs up, it is the most painful thing. Ironic, to say the least! Long story short, I needed shoes that were going to be easy on my feet and not cause undue pressure on my feet. I have discovered CROCS. I purchased a pair and now I don't want to take them off. They aren't that dressy, although, they do sell wedge-type CROCS. I just don't wear heels that much. Yes, this is an advertisement for Crocs. They are the greatest thing ever for my feet. Not too dressy, as I say, but every time I can I wear them. It's all about comfort!!

2 comments:

MB Shaw said...

Some people call CROCS "prison shower shoes" but I don't care! I love them too! I am so glad you found some shoes to make your tootsies feel better! :-)

Amroosie said...

Quinn got her first pair of CROCS yesterday. She loves them. She said "wooooooo" when we put them on her feet! :) Now she can be like Meme!