Voting

Friday, August 8, 2008

L O S I N G



Well, I am on another diet. I say another because I have probably lost and gained more weight in my life than I could count. As most of you, I recently spent about five months in a wheel chair. Needless to say, being in the wonderful church we are in, so many delicious meals were brought to me. Being the person that I am, I JUST HAD to eat everything they brought. Now, I am not blaming them. They were wonderful to me. This is one of the most giving and reaching out churches we have ever been a part of. I just realized, though, that I am totally undisciplined when it comes to my eating.
Recently, my grandchildren were here and I overheard one of them call the other a LOSER! It kind of got to me thinking how those words could hurt. The more I thought about it, I realized that in my case, I want to be known as a loser. I want to be a loser in the sense that people can actually SEE what I am losing.

After healing and getting out of the wheelchair, I quickly realized (after I tried to walk carrying more weight) that I had to lose. Normally, I wouldn't want to be a loser. Now that's all I want to be. I have been dieting for a month and I have lost 20 lbs. I am at a point right now that I am at a standstill. I know I am going to have a day soon, though, that I will lose more weight. I am doing the South Beach Diet. It has been one of the easiest I have ever done.

SOOOOO, call me LOSER. That's all right. I am always going to have the positive thought that you mean that in a nice way. As the saying goes, "we say the nastiest things in the nicest way."

So, for the first time in my life, I WANT TO BE A LOSER!

2 comments:

Garretts said...

Way to go, loser! I'm proud of you. The words easy and diet don't usually go together, so congrats on seeing some hard work pay off. Here's hoping you see some more pounds shed!

Amroosie said...

Hey...so the granddaughters can call you LOSER now, too?! :0 We're proud of you, Mama...Keep it up!!