Voting

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Habla Espanol?


As many of you know, I have been teaching Spanish at Georgia Mountains Christian Academy.
I have a great bunch of kids (for the most part) I haven't quite figured out if the middle schoolers are great or not. Right now I just look at them as a bunch of gigglers who get on my nerves a little bit. They are pretty sweet but most days I am one big " class, be quiet now" teacher . (or worse!!) Next week I am celebrating my birthday so we decided to incorporate that with a trip for the high school Spanish class to a Mexican restaurant. Of course, in my mind, I am thinking it will be an all Spanish speaking trip. They will "pedir" in Spanish. We will "hablar" in Spanish at the "mesa". They will throw tacos shells a "mi"! I will duck under the "mesa". They won't have enough "dinero", and I will have to "pagar". They will tear "mi Carro" apart on the way there and back. I will return to the school never "hacer un viaje" like this again. Oh well, it probably won't be this bad. The worse thing that will probably happen is the Mexican waiters will come out and "sing" feliz cumpleanos" to me in "Espanol autentico." EEEWWW!! I will post later and let you know how it went. !Ojala que pueda reportar un buen viaje!!!

No comments: