Voting

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Life's hard, ain't it Ms. Cashion?

Wouldn't it be great to have a day that you didn't have to take care of any kind of problem, didn't have anyone complaining, didn't have any kind of heartache at all? It seems an impossibility. Maybe that's not the way it is supposed to be? God is as much in control of one day as He is another. He is never going to let anything happen to us that we can't learn from . These things are brought into our lives to make us stronger. I don't always "get the message" that I am supposed to get from difficult times. A very long time ago a little girl taught me something. I was substitute teaching at an elementary school in our area. It was the type of area where everybody knew most everybody else. Bill was pastor of a church and we were well-acquainted with most of the members in a neighboring church. We had been praying for a member of the neighboring church, a young married man who struggling with health issues. Long story short, this young man in his 30's passed away. The day after the young man was buried, I went to substitute teach for the kindergarten at the school. As soon as I walked in I realized that the man's daughter who had died was in that class. I thought, "well, maybe she won't come." Secretly, I wished she wouldn't. I guess I thought I might have to deal with a child who was distraught and maybe would end up crying during the class. As I was preparing for the class, I looked up briefly as some kids came in the room consoling the little girl whose Dad had died. She wasn't crying, though. She was being very receptive the child-like love the other kids were giving her. It was a sweet time to see kindergartners give love in the only way they knew how----making her smile. As she walked toward me, I took her by the hand and said, "honey, I am so sorry about your daddy." She said, "that's o.k. Ms. Cashion. Life's hard, ain't it?" You know, she was repeating something that, I am sure, someone had said to her. It's the truth. LIFE IS HARD sometimes. How we handle it comes from how closely we are walking with the Lord. We can blame God or someone else for our problems but in the long run that resolves nothing. We just have to face those hard times and say "Lord, I cannot do this without you." We DON't have to do anything. He has said that he will bear our burdens for us.
I am at this moment giving Him something that is on my heart. He wants it. I know He does.
I have felt Him tug at my heart all day. Life's hard, ain't it? Oh yes, it can be! Praise His holy name He takes our burdens. It AIN'T nearly as hard after that.

No comments: